It’s been a long time since I’ve participated in a chain letter. So I want to do one again, but make it more interesting.
I want to have a letter not only get all over the world to amazing different writers/snail mailers, but I want to be able to get it back in order to show off their work. Writing is a fantastic activity, and it’ll benefit all of us by flexing this muscle a little bit. Imagine what we can come up with!
This is the chain letter short story project!
I will start and end the story – I want you to write the in between.
I am looking for 6 participants across the globe. You must be willing to:
- Write a page of the story. (Roughly 8.5×11 to be fair.) It must be in relation to what came before it. You can handwrite, type, stamp, whatever. As long as it’s legible!
- Have it in your possession for no more than 2 weeks.
- Email me when you get it and when you’re done with it to get the address of the next participant. And then mail it to them.
- If you’re posting about it online, add the tag #papertraildiary. We want to see its’ progress!
- NB: No other participants from Toronto/nearby. Sorry! I want this to reach out!
Once I get it back, I will type everything up to post right here! Maybe even make a zine of it. If this goes well, I’d love to make it an ongoing project.
Are you interested? Email me by Friday (June 13) at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will let you know after then if you’ll be in this round.